New York Times' top ten manga for 3/4/13
11:00 AM on 03.04.2013 // Brad Rice
This week, we're in for a slow list of top titles. Battle Angel Alita manages to crack into the top ten, but we see a lot of repeats and older titles crop up -- that means it's been a slow week. Viz and Kodansha can't complain, though: they're holding some of the key titles on this list.
Let's take a look at the full thing:
1. Naruto Vol. 60 - Week 3
2. Sailor Moon Vol. 9 - Week 4
3. Battle Angel Alita: Last Order Vol. 17 - Week 1
4. Alice In the Country of Joker Vol. 1 - Week 3
5. Maximum Ride Vol. 6 - Week 9
6. Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal Vol. 2 - Week 6
7. Black Butler Vol. 12 - Week 5
8. Bleach Vol. 55 - Week 3
9. Blue Exorcist Vol. 1 - Week 18
10. Stepping on Roses Vol. 9 - Week 9
With the continued success of OEL titles such as Maximum Ride, does that at all increase your likelihood of reading those series, or do you readers stick solely to "real" manga? Setup email comments
Please report harassment, spam, and hate speech to our moderators
, and flag the user (we will ban users dishing bad karma
). Can't see comments?
Apps like Avast
or browser extensions
can cause it. You can fix it by adding *.disqus.com to your whitelists.