Nippon Ichi just had a big to-do in San Francisco last night, and out of it, they announced five new titles -- not all of them are anime, though. The first two are anime: Ano Hana and Kimi ni Todoke S2. The former, rebranded as The Flower We Saw That Day, isn't a huge surprise for followers of the company. The latter is no surprise at all -- Kimi ni Todoke has been a big series for them.
The other three announcements are games: The Witch and the Hundred Knights, Mugen Souls, and Legasista. The first two are going to be full-fledged PS3 releases, while Legasista will be a PSN release. We've got limited details after the jump, but you can guess what these titles are going to be like.
So, who's pumped for some Ano Hana? I've been dying to check out this series, and now will be the perfect chance! We've got an interview with Nippon Ichi popping up in the coming weeks, so be sure to keep an eye out for that -- we'll be discussing the ideology that is Nippon Ichi's anime licensing.
About The Witch and the Hundred Knights
Two powerful witches have been battling one another for over a hundred years. Now, the Swamp Witch has unleashed the legendary Dark Knights, and seeks to destroy the Forest Witch once and for all!
Adopting high-res, fully 3D environments and characters, as well as a dark fantasy world brought to life by Takehito Harada, The Witch and the Hundred Knights will deliver a brand-new action RPG experience from Nippon Ichi Software! In The Witch and the Hundred Knights, being bad is good! Save the innocent or take part in the ransacking—it’s all up to you! The Witch and the Hundred Knights will hit store shelves in early 2013.
• A hundred knights at your command: A plethora of ways to utilize your 100-man team!
• Multiple weapons: Equip up to 5 weapons to maximize your combo abilities!
• Chain attacks: The higher you build your chain, the greater damage you will unleash!
• More details coming soon!
About Mugen Souls
There exists a small galaxy in the universe containing seven worlds, shimmering in seven colors... These worlds exist and act independent of one another. This has allowed them to develop and nurture rich, unique cultures. Then one day, a decree was sent out...
• Expansive worlds to explore: Travel freely on each world to explore and find treasures and items. Monsters are roaming about, so be cautious or fight them head-on and make them your subservient peons!
• Free-roaming style battle maps: Use Combo attacks to execute spectacular moves with your allies! Destroy Crystals on the battlefield to activate Hyper mode!
• Moe Kill: Execute the Moe Kill technique to enslave enemies and turn them into items by exploiting their weaknesses!
• Customization: Create a full cast of characters! Customizable body parts, facial expressions, and job classes!
In a world where science has become a thing of the past, people have come to fear this ancient form of knowledge as magic spells and curses. Now a young man named Alto sets off for the mysterious Ivy Tower, which houses ancient relics of the lost art of science.
• Dungeon crawler-style action RPG: Form a team of 3 characters to explore the dungeons of the Ivy Tower! Characters can easily switch in and out from the frontline to the backline.
• Randomly-generated dungeons: Explore different dungeons and cash in on the loot!
• Personalities: Create your own character, from job class to unique personalities! The personality will greatly change the character’s fighting capabilities, so choose well!
• Customization: Customize your character fully with the character creation feature. Even weapons can be customized!
From other sites around the web